Lay Counselling Course
The focus during this course is on acquiring theoretical knowledge and practical skills for effective counselling, e.g. listening and empathy.
The counselling course is taught through experiential learning, with lots of interactive involvement for the participants. Skills are practiced in small groups with role plays and other exercises until they are adequately mastered. All participants are afforded equal opportunities to practice and implement their newly- acquired skills in the safety of the training environment.
On completion of the Personal Growth Course, trainees will receive feedback, which will help them to assess their suitability to be trained as LifeLine counsellors. The Personal Growth Course is a PREREQUISITE for the Counselling Course.
Duration of Course
6 Saturdays mornings of 4 hour sessions.
Certificates will be presented to trainees who have successfully completed both Courses.
Feedback from previous course attendees
- I learned that giving advice is not always helpful
- Slides were will prepared and the presentations were professional ,yet comfortable
- Facilitators were not intimidating and very gentle with constructive feedback
- Material was very professionally put together. ?Manual was well thought out and compiled
- Presentations are made fun and interesting
- Very impressive course… it was an eye opener for me
- Practical and understandable
- Facilitators were very good and knowledgeable…
- It gave me a new outlook on people.
- I learned to see each person’s unique situation from their frame reference
- Listening is a skill you can develop
- Listen more and speak less. People just need somebody to really listen to them
- I take with me listening skills and acceptance
R 2 400 per person for the Personal Growth Course.
R 2 200 per person for the Counselling Course.
A deposit of 50 % per course must be paid on, or before registration. The balance must be paid before, or on the day the course starts. Payment can be made by cheque, in cash, a direct deposit or via electronic transfer into LifeLine’s bank account. The cost of the manual is included in the fees.
To Register Please complete the?Training Application Form
LifeLine Pretoria’s Bank details
Bank: –?Nedbank – Hillcrest
Branch Nr. –?160245
Account Nr. –?1602066493